We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Uninstall Internet Explorer

Rotenone

Likes # 0

Sir/Madam, How can I uninstall Internet explorere from my laptop?

Like this post
T I M B O

Likes # 0

I dont think you can.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

In later OS's it is part of windows features and can be turned off (similar to uninstall but not the same). However you haven't told us whether you are using XP, Vista or W7.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Internet Explorer is part of the Microsoft Op Sys. Just don't use it if you want to use a different Browser, although technically you can uninstall that can cause complications. You can have as many Browsers installed as you like. Many people have Firefox, Chrome etc. as well as IE installed.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

And Safari or Opera as I do!

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Uninstall IE9

The following instructions apply to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.

Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.

Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.

Click one of the following:

Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9 and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).

Restart later

Note After you uninstall Internet Explorer 9, the previously installed version of Internet Explorer will be available on your PC. It isn't necessary to reinstall.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

or much the same as Fruit Bat /\0/\ but when you get to add remove click on add remove windows components and wait for it to load.Scroll down to Internet Explorer and untick it and either press apply or next.You will have to wait till it removes it then you may have to reboot.

I am not 100% sure if you can restore it again by ticking the Internet explorer box again.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Should have added make sure you have another browser already in use before removing it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad