We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Replacement for HP 8250 Photosmart

northumbria61
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi All - I am looking to replace my HP 8250 Photosmart Printer which after 6 years has sadly reached the end of its working life (Ink System Failure) I have gone through all the system error procedures, removed CMOS battery and left it out for a while and even replaced the CMOS with a new one - still no go!

I have reached the conclusion it is past its sell by date and is now the time to give myself a treat!

I don't want an All-in-One if I can possibly avoid it as I have an excellent Canon 8600F scanner and I am not really bothered about Wi-Fi but that wouldn't be a problem.

I don't want to spend more than £100 - I can't seem to find a like for like replacement for the 8250 unless I go for All-in-One. I haven't had any problems with my current HP 8250 but I think maybe a change of manufacturer is on the cards for me.

I have narrowed down to Canon Pixma either iP4850 or iP4950 both of which are currently around the £60 mark or less.

I am looking for positive opinions/suggestions either about Canon or other manufacturers before deciding but I am looking mainly at a Single Function Colour Printer as opposed to an All-in-One.

Come on colleagues - it is time give me some advice. It's not every day that you need to buy a printer so I need to get it right.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

mgmcc - thanks once again. I know the toners will last a long time because I am not a heavy user but looking at replacement toners it would be cheaper to buy a new printer! It is a nice looking printer and the footprint is small so is definitely one for consideration.

The world has gone crazy - and here's me trying to save the planet!

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Thanks to all for the advice - have now purchased.

mgmcc I have just bought the Samsung CLP-365W which you suggested and PCW had for £99.99 I looked at Argos on Friday and it was same price as PCW but checked Argos again yesterday and it was further reduced to £89.99 so went along to local store this morning and gave myself a treat!

Up and running within half an hour although the manual on the provided CD will take some wading through. However it is doing what I want it to do right now and that is print! plus nice and quiet. Thanks once again mgmcc.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...