We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Not able to access my PayPal account

naviator

Likes # 0

I've had an account for years and until this year have had no problems. In January, saying I'd been randomly chosen, they asked me to change my password and said also that until I did so the account was restricted. I changed the password and it was accepted. Two days later I received the same message. I reluctantly changed it again. It was not accepted although it had been classified as 'strong' and each time I tried again the result was the same. Now, wishing to sell an item on eBay, I tried again to gain full access. but can only get so far, when I get the message 'Sorry, an error occurred when you clicked on the last link'. I can get no further. I've tried phoning them but the 'machine voice' keeps on asking the same question and is quite useless. Email doesn't seem to work either as by the time I've explained what is happening and submitted it I'm told that the link is 'timed out' and would I try again. Has anyone else had a similar experience and is there any solution?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Could it have been a scam e-mail that you received any purchases made using your account.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Contact PayPal immediately. Any way you can.

You've been scammed and it may be costing you money.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

To avoid the 'timed out' you can compose your email in Notepad then copy and paste into the paypal email box.

Like this post
naviator

Likes # 0

Thank you all for your responses. I managed eventually to find a surface mail address for them in Richmond on Thames and have written to them. There was only about £2.00 in the account and my bank account, just received, shows only one debit from PayPal for a small purchase I made on eBay last month which of course went into PayPal automatically. I have suggested that they pay the small amount remaining into my bank and cancel the account as I am unable to gain access to do it myself. Since all this has been going on for nine months I would have thought that my bank account would have been milked by now if it was going to be?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers