We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Uninstalled the Sims game now Error mesage to do with Qtcore4.dll missing,..pls help

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good afternoon to you all. I've got my friends window 7 laptop, and it was running slow so and she told me to remove ALL the games as she doesn't need any of them. 1 of the games that I removed is the Sims and i think its the problem i now have.

This is the error message that keeps coming up when I switch on her laptop now: The program cant start becasue the Qtcore4.dll is missing from your computer. Try re-installing the program to fix this problem.

I wanna get this problem sorted, ASAP, i've googled the problem and it says its linked to the sims game, but ive removed the game now anyway with revo uninstaller. Pls advice what I can do to remove this error message please. thanks Jules 

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Do you have Electronic Arts Download Manager (EADM) installed on your computer?

Qtcore4.dll might be part of EADM (Electronic Arts Download Manager) and should be in c:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EADM directory (for 32 bit systems).

You could either reinstall the download manager or go into start>search>msconfig>startup and see if there are any entries for EA.  

Like this post
julius44

Likes # 0

Hello chronus, i did msconfig, EADM was unticked before, now its ticked, and i restarted the laptop, but problem is still there. Any suggestions please?? 

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Remove EA download manager.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

The Message is the result of uninstall not doing its job, There are entry's still in regedit. type in run the type regedit go to menu after first clicking on top computer icon on the left in menu click on edit/find in find box type Qtcore4.dll press enter delete what it finds then press F4 to go to next keep doing this till you get to end. reboot and retry

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS if that does not stop it Download the file and install it in the Dll folder PS Nokia software uses the file

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features