We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

A dying forum forum perhaps?

KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Last post here before this thread was 7 hours ago. Very odd.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Thanks lotvic, I must have missed your advice about that hi-jacker...anyway I thought I had been barred by FE for displaying the link, as I was not able to log-in for a while...phew!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Aitchbee, It looks to me as if Roland didn't renew at end of 1 year and nuseek have taken your domain name. Creation Date: 11-jul-2011. Expiration Date: 11-jul-2012

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...it's all crystal clear now :o]

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...but who's Roland?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

He was listed as Registrant Contact with his address and email. I'm not allowed to post them on here. You could do a google for aitchbee.com and look for Polo Domains Cached webpage

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

ok lotvic will try that later, thanks again.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Just about the final straw, as far as PCA is concerned, happened the other day when I followed a link from Matt's daily letter to the story on the PCA website.

I was using my iPad and happily reading the review which had my interest, when up popped an advertisement for Lynx Deodorant!

I have little objection to targetted adverts about technology related matters, on a technology website. But that was crass in the extreme.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

wee eddie

Thanks for the input. We'll be discussing the whole matter of the forum naming at some point in the coming week.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

FE: You may not use the idea, but it is my philosophy that if one sits on an idea, and no-one ever uses it, it is totally wasted.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

A good example of the confusion caused by the addition of "Tech" has just arisen, with the FE transferring a question about car insurance from Speakers' Corner to "Tech Consumer Advice".

Very few people would expect to find car insurance in a "Tech Consumer Advice forum of a computer magazine, though they might in something called "Consumer Advice" or even "Consumerwatch"!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......