We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

A dying forum forum perhaps?

KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Last post here before this thread was 7 hours ago. Very odd.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

FE: I have been cogitating upon the matter of Google and ways of persuading it to list PCA's Forums higher up the pecking order.

Which is what I suppose the inclusion of the word "Tech" was meant to achieve. I have already said that I find the word "Tech" off-putting and potentially confusing but, at the time was unable to offer a constructive suggestion to balance my criticism.

Currently all the Forums are bundled under a Header which is simply "Forums".

Might Google not be more impressed by alternative Headers such as 'Computer Advice Forums' or more simply 'Computer Forums'.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

this seems to have deviated this post to its realation to google. Not everyone uses Google. myself I prefer Yahoo however there are many search providers, and I have some doubts that Google is the only search engine being used

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Yahoo search is powered by Bing.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

FE

Thank you for your detailed response, which gave some aspects I was unaware of.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

http://www.aitchbee.com/

is another useful search website.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Aitchbee, I advised you months ago your website has been hijacked by nuseek.com

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

I've suffered site errors all morning and been unable to log in to post

Its this sort of thing that must put off alot of peole from using the site.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\ - I agree. Found the same snags and it seems to be occur too frequently.

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

I know we had all those problems, a few weeks ago, that thought had been sorted, but I've also had problems last few days, getting on, or posting. Thought it might be my "end". Even had security warnings, re site, of "suspicious activities". Don't know what that's all about (probably those guys on speakers corner. lol)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Seems to happen on a weekend more, prob because no-one there to see to it as quickly as during week. I had about 3 hours when couldn't login.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks