We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

memory compatability problem for foxcon g41 board

timerep

Likes # 0

hi I am trying to upgrade memory on a foxxconn g41 MXE M/B to a total of 8 gb I have tried three types of ram and non work the last one was guaranteed to by the supplier and the general code number on the foxxcon site info tallies but everytime I clip them in to try the unit starts up but no display and the power light flashes. reinsalling the original ram and starts up no problem. the ram I am trying to use is kingston kvr 1333d3n9 the original is ddr3 1333 cl9 the memory I have for the upgrade should work but wont is there anything anyone can sugest?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If the right mobo it states here maximum ram is 4GB, click here.

Like this post
timerep

Likes # 0

very strange as the hand book clearly states 8 gig as the max so does the foxx conn site ?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

You're right, click here. Something seems to be wrong. What size modules are you using? 4x2GB or 2x4GB?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

That's 2x4GB then, I should have studied a bit more! Try just one of the new ram sticks to see if it boots up. Official site shows ram is Dual channel DDR3 1333(oc)/1066/800. Link.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features