We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCI-E Expansion Cards for HP Compaq Pro 6000

Zeppelyn

Likes # 0

I've just acquired one of these cheaply and overall the PC works well and is pretty fast. My plan is to replace the onboard graphics and sound with dedicated cards but the spare ones I have are obviously to big to fit the HP SFF case which is only 3.95 ins (10cm) high. Does anyone know what I need?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You need a low profile - also known as half height graphics card to be able to fit your case and probably the same for the sound card. I am not able to advise you on the best card(s) for your system but if you Google any of the main computer firm sites there is plenty of choice out there.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I should have added that it depends on what you use your PC for as to what size (in memory terms) of card you get. The other thing to consider would be your PSU and is it big enough to power these new items.

Like this post
Zeppelyn

Likes # 0

Thanks for that advice, good point on power as I only have 300w PSU so need to factor that in, as for video I only watch and edit and I just like good sound when I have music playing, not a gamer.

Thanks for the good advice.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......