We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Question for FE about password managers

exdragon

Likes # 0

FE - In an earlier post about password managers, you said this:

**Speaking purely personally, I would never, ever use any form of software to save my passwords. There are other, more secure ways to manage them.**

What would you suggest, please? You must have many more passwords/logins/user IDs/security numbers/user names than I do! Websites seem to differ vastly in the details they want.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

I save mine in a spreadsheet on a USB memory stick which I plug in when I need to use the info.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

I have a 'little black book' at home for logins & passwords - and no it's not kept on/by the computer. I also have a book at work for the multitudinous passwords I have there.

I stopped keeping them on a spreadsheet when I had a disk failure and lost the spreadsheet (and everything else).

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I also have a 'little black book' tucked away. I find that a lot quicker to use and update than anything on a pc, also if I have a HD failure there is no problem trying to get access to them. I did once think of putting all details on a spreadsheet and printing it out but never got round to doing it.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Why is it all our little books are black? :)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

:) mine is black with Star Trek on it. A phone number book index A, B, C etc that I got as a present in the snowy month many moons ago. It seemed rather apt to use it for data to access Cyberspace... ;-)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Lol. Mine is a small address book with a 2004 calendar in it. This reminds me to "update" it as the ball-point ink is beginning to fade on the earlier entries. Sometimes the pen is mightier than the spreadsheet......

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK