We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Very Very slow boot up

johnpalmer

Likes # 0

During long boot up my windows task manager shows on the processes window, two items that take up virtually 100% 0f the CPU usage. I have never noticed these until recently, and would like to know what they are and do.

They are "hiugl.exe" and "cuap.exe"

A Google search has shown nothing about either.

My PC is a Dell Inspiron running Windows XP Home (Service pack 3), with a Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz

Can anybody advise me what they are please

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I would do a Search for each of these items and if found, DELETE them, they are not part of Windows.

You should also run a full scan with MalwareBytes or similar as a precaution.

Like this post
johnpalmer

Likes # 0

Thanks for that. I have found them and deleted them, and will run a malwarebytes full scan shortly.

I have also notice "citadelbuild.exe"

Is this a similar thing, and shall I delete this too.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

That file is infected with a Trojan ........ Malwarebytes should get rid of it!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

..... and yes citadelbuild should be deleted.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...