We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

having video download problems from

baldyx
Resolved

Likes # 0

Realplayer 'Download this video' button nolonger works in Utube. It works when playing video using realplayer itself. Has Utube stoppped it? Please help.

I have reinstalled the Realplayer.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If you google for: Realplayer 'Download this video' button no longer works in Youtube

there are settings you have to tweak to get it back, depending on which version number Browser and Real Player you are using.

Like this post
exbrum

Likes # 0

Hi baldyx,

You must be using W7 64 bit? I have the same problem and the way to fix this is to go to 'Internet Options', 'Programmes' - 'Manage Addons' Scroll down page to 'Real Networks Inc' you should see 'Real Player Download and Record' - Click or make sure it's 'Enabled' Close internet options.

Now, open Real Player browser and click the logo top left of window to open drop down menu. Select 'Preferences' At bottom of the tree click 'Download and Record' Make sure this is ticked in the box 'Enable web download etc etc' Underneath enable the 'On page 7 seconds' Close and you will get the User account prompt screen to allow changes, click yes. Close Real player and then re start the pc for it to work, it won't until you do this. This should work, let us know how you get on.

Like this post
baldyx

Likes # 0

Hi exbrum , Thanks for your help. I have done as you suggetsed and works fine.

(I raised this problem on other website forums where I was informed that downloading videos from utube is a violation of their Term Of Service! I don't know how correct is this ? )

Like this post
exbrum

Likes # 0

Hi baldyx,

Glad this worked for you. If you could mark the thread as solved, would help others. Not sure about the legalities of downloading from there as I always download clips but then save the song as an mp3. Rarely keep their videos on my pc to be honest.

Like this post
baldyx

Likes # 0

This problem has now been resolved. Thanks all.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...