We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My friend aunts Samsung Tv model number PS50C450B1W , has freeview HD but no channels are showing!!!

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good morning to you all, my good friends aunt has just has a brand new samsung tv for about 6 months now, here is the link to similar model

http://buy.vivastreet.co.uk/cameras+milford-haven/samsung-ps50c450b1w-50--720p-hd-plasma-television/52321275

Apparently it has in built freeview HD, and my friend has tried without success to tune it to get any channels with picture but to no success,....I think(but not sure) that she got a freeview HD box for it as well but still no joy. I was told by a friend that she would need to buy an ariel to get channels, but ive always assumed that if TV has inbuilt freeview HD, that nothing else is required for this. Please bare in mind that there is NO sky or cable connected with the TV, all my friends aunt is trying to do is get the freeview channels to show I assumed as this is a top rate TV there would be no issues with it.

I'm meant to be going over to the house with my friend today, so ANY solutions or advice would be much appreciated. many thanks

I want to sort the issue out today for her.

Jules

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

She will need an aerial of some sort if she wants to pick up any pictures.Even an small indoor aerial will pick up some of the channels but not all of them.

Without an aerial she will not be able to get TV programs.

I have one of those old round wire aerials that you used to get with small portable TV's plugged into my TV in the kitchen and get about 20 channels using that.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

An aerial is essential, preferably a roof-top type!

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

does the input need changing on the remote. It May be set to dvd scart. Or the box she bought. Remove the box and then tune the TV. These normally run Setup automatic when first turned on

Like this post
julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and thanks for all responses, she probably wont be able to get a rooftop aerial, BUT pls an indoor aerial, pls can you advice on any very good aerials from argos pls?? we can then reserve and go to collect in store today.

I think she lives in a block of flats and i dont think there is a communial areial.

Like this post
julius44

Likes # 0

Hello again, I just came across this one on the Argos website, and the reviews are quite good here is the link. Pls tell me what you think

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9030727.htm#pdpProductReviews

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

If you need to buy an indoor aerial then this will definitely work,I have two.Aerial.

You might find this site useful

Like this post
julius44

Likes # 0

many thanks chronus for the link, pls see my previous link from argos above, do u think its ok? We need to get one from argos today, or if you can recommned any other from argos, but the link above customers have given it good reviews, but would like your opinion and the opinions of others as its in stock for collection today.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

As I have never used the one in your link I cannot honestly comment. But I will add you might find that you do not get a decent reception in the room where the TV is. I had the same problem and had to get an extension cable and place the aerial at the back of my flat to be able to get a decent channel selection.

Just noticed that the aerial in your link is the same make so I say go for it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen