We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sleeping PC won't stay awake

Muergo
Resolved

Likes # 0

My Windows7 PC won't stop going into sleep mode after admittedly a fair time idling.

I've turned all energy saving programs off and everything associated except the screensaver? which has my photos of my family scrolling over randomly which I like.

But I expect it to leap to attention as soon as I move the mouse, but it doesn't, sluggishly it drags itself up to speed after several minutes.

How can I keep it active all the time? The amount of juice it uses is so small it@s not worth worrying about.

To assuage my planet conservation, all my lights are low wattage tubes and several on time switches.We turn heating to very minimum and wear woolies or cuddle one another!!! I even walk to the car.?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have you checked the advanced power settings under high performance, change plan settings?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Control Panel/ Power settings Turn off Disc Management set it to never turn off

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I had already done all of that thanks, have it set to never power off and maximised performance.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Only thing I can think of is under multimedia settings, When sharing media, Check that Prevent idling to sleep is selected.

Like this post  
Muergo

Likes # 0

I've put everything on awake now, it hasn't slept all morning so thanks for everything you suggested, I have another problem but that'll go on a new thread.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback