We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

W7 Back-Up v Acronis/Paragon

onthelimit1
Resolved

Likes # 0

I've just realised that W7 has a facility to burn a System Repair disk followed by a full image backup to an external drive. I've used Paragon and Acronis in the past for this, but was wondering if anyone on these forums has used the Windows version.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

I have used this to both save to an external drive and restore from, whilst not the fastest I have never had problems.

I also found that be storeing 2 images, I can keep fully updated and each time I made a new image previous ones can be delated

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I've successfully created an image using Windows 7 but the restore left some irritating problems. My burning software, Malwarebytes and Java did not run correctly and needed to be reinstalled. Not really impressed so restored again via Paragon image.

Like this post
kdt

Likes # 0

I used Dell(2 year old w7 pro) built in system backup though haven't used it yet. Don't know how good that is?

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Hmm. Ok, thanks. I'm going to need a fresh backup owing to a problem in another thread of mine, have a look if you're interested.Think I may stick to Paragon which I've used before.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Made a backup, but wasn't required as a repair install went smoothly with no side effects.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...