We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wii Apple iPod

Spr

Likes # 0

Our grandson going back to Uni soon he has been taking about an Wii Apple iPod he tells me all you do is download the apps & that is all there is to it. I'm a bit worried surly there is more to it than that. What, if any are the hidden costs in buying Wii Apple iPod

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Before anything else, tell him that it will not be a lot of use to use for any work such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases etc..He would be better off with a cheap laptop in the circumstances.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I am not even sure a Wii Apple iPod actually exists. Wii is a games console from Nintendo and the ipod is indeed from Apple.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

An iPod is a music player. An iPad is a tablet. Wii probably means wifi.

I guess that he is referring to a wifi iPad. I'd be surprised if that is all he needs. I'm an iPad fan but I wouldn't want to do course work/dissertations on it. Some of the apps will cost money (not a lot) but still an additional cost.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

One good feature of it is if any of his friends has one the can contact each other and see what each other is doing.

If you have a webcam on your computer it works just the same you can see each other as you talk.

That is only one of the things that it can do there are multible things it can do and it costs nothing as long as you are in a wifi area.

£159 from Currys with a docking station thrown in.Now that offer was on the internet and may not be available from the shops.

I would say a really good buy for any young person.

That price was for an 8Mb one if you want the 32mb one it is about £200.Go on treat him it will be worth it.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I should have said Gb and not Mb.

The 64 gb one is almost £290 according to this but some really good reviews for it.

John Lewis

Like this post
Spr

Likes # 0

Thanks all it looks like it is the New Apple iPod touch hes after

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

So he wants to listen to music and play games! It does more than that though.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

I thought he meant an I Pad !!

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Spr

iPod-iPad being a student he probably wants one of each.But best checking again to see which one he is interested in.

Both my Grandson and my granddaughter have iPods and think they are great.my eldest granddaughter is also at Uni and has hinted that she would like one as well.The price is not bad so was also thinking of getting one for her.

They do a multitude of things but not sure if you can connect to Skype with them or not, but I would think so which would also give them free phone calls to others that use skype.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK