We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Earth Problem Just Yellow Outlines of Countries etc.

Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Our FE has advised me to ask this question in the Helproom. So here goes. I recently had a problem with my computer and lost a few items on it. Now having re-downloaded Google Earth I am unable to get a proper picture of things. I get a map o.k but it is only outlines of the counties in yellow.

Woolwell asked me if I had zoomed in and I said "yes", but I immediately tried zooming in again and managed to get a proper picture. Then when I zoomed out again I got the yellow outlines again. After experimenting with the zoom, I found that the picture only occurs when the zoom tool is about the half way mark, either side of that and the map disappears and the yellow outlines re-emerge. Maybe the zoom tool is faulty.

Any help forthcoming will be appreciated. Thanks in advance....

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

The yellow outlines are the country borders, you can get rid of them by unticking Borders and Labels.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

chub_tor. Yes but that has left me with an empty white globe.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Just tried again and got nowhere. It is telling me to start in "DirectX Mode, which I have been doing, with the result that i get this yellow map outline of countries.

I have just tried opening it in the alternative GL Mode and that just switches off my computer.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Bingalau

I suggest uninstalling it then re install.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

john bunyan. I had given that a quick thought but then decided to ask on here. I will see what transpires.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Latest in this saga is that I have uninstalled it and re-installed it and nothing's changed. So if anybody else has any ideas, feel free to air them please?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Press and hold the Windows key then the R key and type dxdiag in run to see if any problems with Direcx 11.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes