We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Paint.net - why is it doing this?

laptopdunce
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am trying to resize photos down with Paint.net, never used to have any problems, open the file and import it and I always reduce size by percentage (not size) BUT when i go to "save as" it only resizes the photo but doesnt start that "flatten" option and when it is saved it only appears as a thumbnail with coloured dots on it and wont open, only can I open it with choosing a programme like Windows media player and then it will show the reduced size photo - but why is this happening? normally it "flattens" the reduced photo and then "save as" the full reduced size photo that will open immediately, I have re-installed Paint.net on this laptop recently and it seems to work OK but am wondering what I am doing wrong to not be able to get it to "flatten" the photo and then save it in the form of a jpeg photo (it is showing as a jpeg file when being saved but only shows that funny coloured dot thumbnail pic) thnaks Laptopdunce

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

funny this it seems to be making a true 2nd copy of the reduced size photo now, though it isnt "flattening" them from about 5000kbs to 140kbs, but it IS showing the reduced photo file as a true jpeg photo and not that weird coloured dot thumbnail, dont know how I did that but it seems to be working now. thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015