We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printer has started producing faint images of financial content

armstrongpiper

Likes # 0

Epson SX218, Windows XP. Printer has started, in the last week, to make faint printings (so that one can hardly read the details) of emails or other documents with sensitive content. By this I mean confirmatory details when I have paid for something using Paypal, or booked a hotel room etc. The heading of the email is printed normally and all other things printed are OK. This behaviour is new to me, and I don't know what has caused it to happen, or where to find any settings which may have been altered. Has anyone had a similar occurance, or can help correct it, please?

Neil Baker

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

When printing, Click on File Print Preview. try changing settings there till you get it right, if that is the problem

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It's possible that the email is Content-Type: text/html and the 'faint' text is actually grey in colour and not black.

Like this post
armstrongpiper

Likes # 0

Well, I have to apologise and say this has been a 'red herring'. The ink Monitor for the Printer showed the three colour cartridges as being amply filled, but when I tried a test image print, I got only a black, no colours, and performing an ink head clean, there was no change. So I installed three new colour cartridges, and 'Hey Presto', normal service has resumed. The ink cartidges I use are generic types, not original Epson, but this is the first time I have had any trouble from them. So, apologies for raising this thread and wasting your time.

Armstrongpiper

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It may help someone else with same problem, remind them to check ink cartridges, so not a complete waste of time :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...