We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Advice and webistes needed on how t replace cracked laptop screen for Toshiba C660 4gb laptop

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good evening to you all. I purchased a toshiba laptop from Argos this in December of last year. Here is the link: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searchTerms/5086689.htm#pdpFullProductInformation

In June I sold it to a work colleague, and its been working perfectly for her. last week she said brought it back as a crack seems to have developed on the screen. Theres no point of me taking it to argos as they wont replace it. I've told my friend that i'll find out about getting screen replaced and she can re-imburse me for it. I've got the laptop with me now.....and ive got a special set of screwdrivers, so i'm just looking for good links where to purchase replacement screen from, even if its ebay, and online videos how to replace a laptop screen please. Any help would be much appreciated, ideally I would like to order it tonight. many thank

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

There is a tutorial here and a screen here just two examples turned up by Google.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I had one done at a local repair shop for about £80 or so, maybe £100

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

screen herebut check connection before ordering video guide at bottom of page

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Done a couple of toshibas hardest part is getting the bezel off

Like this post
julius44

Likes # 0

Hey thanks for all responses so far, fruitbat, pls can you advice me which connector in should be please? ive got the laptop here, with me, ive not taken off cracked screen yet, but I just need to know that its the correct screen i'm ordering, many thanks for your responses

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"I just need to know that its the correct screen i'm ordering,..."

Take a look at this before you order It provides you with the part number for the various different makers of screens for your particular laptop model. The screens mentioned are all compatible with the laptop.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...