We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Panda Cloud unwanted popup

MrsGrey

Likes # 0

I am getting pop-ups from Panda Cloud that block access to URLs. They say that the site I am trying to access has malware. So it seems to be just an ad for Panda, saying I should download their widget thing. I can override it should I believe it and follow their direction to check at their site whether there IS malware on my target URL? Or is this just a marketing tool? I have never requested Panda in any shape or form. I have Eset Smart Security firewall/antivirus and Malwarebytes. Thanks for any advice...

Like this post
Robin Smith

Likes # 0

I had exactly the same symptoms as MrsGrey. Removed Anti-phishing Domain advisor using Control Panel and it seems to have cured the problem. I shall certainly not be buying or downloading anything from Visicom or Panda Security. I have contacted Panda Security with the following e-mail exchange (I am curious why parts of my e-mail were translated into Spanish.):

Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:58 AM Subject: FW: IRRITATING POP UP

Dear Robin,

We have had a few other cases regarding this message after we have spent time looking into this we have found that this will not be a prompt from Panda that you are receiving.

Please note there are some Fake antivirus packages, that use names similar to legitimate products, to try and trick people into thinking they are legitimate, rather than just being an infection that needs to be removed.

I would recommend you get i contact with whoever provides your antivirus product, as they should be able to help you remove this infection that has got passed your protection.

Many Thanks.

De: [mailto: ] Enviado el: sábado, 24 de noviembre de 2012 20:07 Para: Customer Advocate Asunto: IRRITATING POP UP

When visiting certain websites or viewing documents (for example http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/charities/guidance-notes/chapter2/model-dec-ff-persons.pdf) your pop-up appears, screenshot attached. This is VERY IRRITATING. PLEASE STOP IT. I shall certainly not be buying or downloading anything from you however good your product if this is indicative of your behaviour.

For information the example is a UK government website. I trust them far more than I trust you.

Robin Smith

Kind regards,

Georgina Groves Customer Services

Panda Security The Cloud Security Company L’Avenir, Opladen Way Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 0PH

Tel: +44 (0) 844 335 3792 Fax: +44 (0) 844 335 3793 Web: http://support.pandasecurity.com/

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July