We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Looking for a high-end computer.

GlassParasol
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hello there,

I’ve been searching for a computer that is up to doing the job for running high-end games, running smoothly and would be great for some years. I currently only have a budget PC that was meant for business more than anything else, and when I’ve researched into it, it’s just not worth upgrading it. I’ve looked into a number of pre-built computers, but seeing as I’m a complete novice when it comes to knowing which one is right, and because it’s a lot of money, I really would like a bit of help, please. I’m sorry also, but I cannot currently build my own computer.

My price range is anywhere between £900-£1,200. So far I’ve looked into PCworld (which I’ve heard isn’t the best place) and the makers of computers, mainly being Medion, Alienware and Novatech, since quite a few sites have said they’re good quality computers, and also nVidia and Radeon for graphic cards. I’d also need a new monitor/keyboard/mouse and a printer (but could get the printer separately later on.) Any other places or certain computers would be helpful though, and if you need more specific details, let me know.

Thank you. - H.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

u could also try novatech

Like this post
GlassParasol

Likes # 0

Thank you for the advice, but I think I'm nearly sorted now.

Does everything look okay for me to go ahead and order the tower?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Do you want to post a summary so we can confirm? rather than looking though all the previous posts.

Like this post
GlassParasol

Likes # 0

A summary - from the site itself? Or from here?

For the posts here, I'm currently looking at ordering a Chillblast Fusion Thunderbird, and I'm keeping most of the system intact as is apart from changing:

• the Processor (to a Intel Core i5 3570K Processor 3.40 GHz (No Overclocking)
  • the RAM (to a 8GB Corsair PC3-12800 1600MHz)
  • the power supply (to a Corsair CX 750W)
  • the case (to a Fractal Design Define R3)

I needed the computer for gaming purposes, and it comes with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 graphics card.

I'm also ordering Creative Labs speakers along with it and buying my monitor elsewhere (a Dell UltraSharp U2410 - 24").

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Thanks, a very nice set up,this should serve you well for a quite a time. I think you will be impressed with the Dell 24". I have an Acer as a secondary monitor and you can so see the difference and the 670 is a fantastic GPU and will play any game at high or above settings. Enjoy.

Like this post  
GlassParasol

Likes # 0

Thank you very much to you and everyone else for helping me through this. I'll get the tower and monitor ordered as soon as possible.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback