We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Message center Flag

Davith

Likes # 0

Windows 7. Microsoft security essentials. Prog was unable to start tried setting under services.msc but as soon as attempt to start Security screen screen briefly flashed up in red then disabled again. Showing message flag in right bottom of screen saying pc has issues "Turn on windows security. Removed MS security and am now running Avast but same message shows. Can I get rid of the message some how?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Check windows firewall is running, also have a look at this Bill2's post

Like this post
Davith

Likes # 0

Have tried suggestion in Bill2 post but no joy. Checked firewall and is on. Security service WSCSV is disabled I set to delay start and also to automatic then start, shows start in status column message flicks up there is no antivirus software suggesting turn on windows defender.but Avst anti virus is running stating I am protected. In windows XP you were able to tell windows that you were using an alternative antivirus how do you do that in windows 7? Flag still showing "stating turn on security center" but I am unable to do so.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features