We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem with Power Charger Lead for Altec Lansing inMotion Speaker...what voltage should set it at?

Charliebrown05

Likes # 0

I have just bought the fabulous Altec Lansing Bluetooth inMotion Speaker but I have a problem the Charger isn't working. Well I think that is the problem. When I power the speaker up the orange power light comes on (this is suppose to be Green as the manual says)...it eventually runs out of power even thought the power lead is attached and switched on....so for me the Lead is the problem.

As I have just bought it on Friday I happened to have a Multi- volt lead which will turn the green light on but I don't know which voltage to set it at....it comes with the following settings:-

3, 4.5, 6, 7.5,9 and 12

What should I set this at? until I get another lead from the Retailer who sold me the Speaker.

The existing Altec Lansing Lead says the following:-

Input 100-240v~50/60Hz0.4A Output:- 6.0v ---1.5A

Maybe someone out there can understand what that means and tell me what to set the Multi-volt lead at?

Thanks

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

6v but you will need to check the polarity of the connectors as it could be center pin +ve or -ve, both are used. look at the speakers - there should be a symbol next to the socket.

Like this post
Charliebrown05

Likes # 0

Wiz-king thanks for your help it is 6 v and the the centre pin is + positive....so that seems to be working but the unit doesn't seem to be holding a charge so I think I will send it back to Amazon and get a replacement because if the truth be told I love the sound of the unit and if it was working correctly I think it would fit my use. If it was working correctly I would thoroughly recommend it for sound....in my opinion it would be as good as a Bose Dock but much cheaper at £70. Hopefully it is only a faulty unit and not a faulty design otherwise (I wouldn't recommend it so readily).

Thanks again for your help....much appreciated

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'