We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Advice on buying Sage(accounting package) required please

geek84

Likes # 0

Hi folks

I am thinking of buying the accounting software package - Sage. Can you please advice what version of Sage would be good to buy i.e. line 50, 100,200 etc., and also what type of training manuals, help menus, written information come with the package.

Is it a case of just shopping aroun or are you aware of any places which sells the package at a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Sage is used by millions of people, and it's very good indeed, but you need to select the version that is suited to your particular business.

If you go to the Sage website you'll find answers to all your questions.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I would spend some time with your Accountants, who will need to be working with it each year. If they are happy with your choice it should be instrumental in keeping a rein on their Charges.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

As said earlier, speak to your accountants, Sage have a new small business package available that may suit your needs. As an example, we use two products for our business - Line 50 for bought ledger and sales and a payroll package - we have about 40 part/full time employees and a turnover of £3M/y

Like this post
Malety

Likes # 0

I recommend you to first read this book Advanced Financial Accounting, 8th Edition by McGraw-Hill/Irwin

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Before anyone can provide you with any advice, they would need to know more about your business. Not specifics but general information.

Before you buy, I recommend that you spend time with your Accountant, it is they who will have to Audit your Accounts each year.

If you haven't got an Accountant lined up - Get one a.s.a.p. - And do it before you go any further, they will keep you right and save you a fortune.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?