We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Desktop Computer Memory Query

Scott20

Likes # 0

Is there such a thing as a usb desktop memory encased in a usb drive that you plug into a usb port and it gives you increased memory without having to install 1gb 2gb etc on the motherboard as is normal practice. I think I've seen it somewhere but not sure about its negative or positive aspects.

Anyone know about this Id be grateful if you could paste a link etc.

scott20

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I've tried it with a compatible flash drive and no real difference. Much better upgrading your ram and use Crucial's ram upgrade tool to get the specific ram for your PC. It's quite straightforward to change your ram modules. Here's a link for Win 7 Readyboost, link. You'll need silverlight to see the video.

Like this post
Scott20

Likes # 0

Thanks for the links/advice guys.

scott20

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger