We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dell Inspiron 15R Just "Repaired"

AshleyTensel7

Likes # 0

I have recently just recieved my dell inspiron 15R laptop back from pc world, they had reset it completely, and now the applications which were available in a taskbar at the right hand side is now gone and i do not know how to get it up as it was there when i first got my laptop. Please could you tell me how to get that bar back up?

Also, before it got reset, i used to get little notifications telling me when i turn caps locks on and off and when i change my volume and other things to do with the settings, but now this also does not show up, could you please tell me how i could also get this back on again?

Thank You Ashley.T

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

If W/7 is there a little arrow on the right hand side of the taskbar.If so click on that and press customize.

Then you can change the ones you want to see by changing to show icons and notification.

Not sure if that will help or not.

Now not sure if it is quick start on the left hand side of the taskbar that you are after.

If so most icons you can right click and choose pin to Taskbar.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If you ever need to restore to factory settings again, here are the instructions MainPageClickHere for Inspirion ClickHere

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

To change taskbar to right hand side of screen - Control Panel - Taskbar & Start Menu - Taksbar & Start Menu Properties - Taskbar location on screen - change to right - click Apply - OK

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Caps on/off - There should be a way to activate the on screen indicator. Dell Quick Set is now called Mobility Center. Type Mobility Center in the start box--even just Mobility will work. See if the setting is there. Press the caps lock key then look at the lower right corner of the desktop for a faint icon of a lock. It fades, so you need to check by pressing the key.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Sorry - your query was about showing notifications which has already been answered by Jock1e

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features