We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to create label template in m/s word 2007

Trenny
Resolved

Likes # 0

Can someone tell me how to make a label template for an A4 sheet of labels which have 24 labels per page - 3 across x 8 down. The wizard in m/s 2007 appears to want to print only one label or a page of identical. ones. I want to be able to call up the blank template, not go through a wizard each time.

I cannot find the avery no., although it might be LP 24/7055 or DPS24 or EL 2455, none of which appear to be in the templates offered by word.

These are wanted for labelling the back of photographs.

Many thanks

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

L7159 may be the right Avery size. Will you be using a mail merge for the data? If not it is probably easier to go to mailings tab - in the create portion click on labels choose options L7159 and type in your data selecting which label.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

A sheet of labels is just a Table Template.

In Word 2003 I do it by showing the Mail merge toolbar, then clicking on 'Main document setup' and choose 'Labels' then take choice from the templates, Avery etc... Then I can type what I like in each individual label/box.

First though, in 'Edit', I 'Select All' and put borders round every cell, then print it out on a plain A4 sheet and hold it up against the label sheet to make sure that the printed cell borders will line up with the labels. If they don't, I adjust the cell margins (in 'View', 'Print Layout' - drag the ruler markers at top and side)

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

This may help CLICK HERE

Like this post
Trenny

Likes # 0

Many thanks, all.

I want to stick the labels on the back of photographs, or underneath each picture in a photo album.

I found the Avery website (http://www.avery.co.uk/avery/en_gb/Templates-%26-Software/Templates/Blank-Templates/?No=10) and downoaded the L7159 template. many thanks, Woolwell. I looks good.

Now, I save saved the file as a template (dotx), how do I get it to show up when I want it again?

yes, I had seen the page you suggest, brynit, but I couldn't get it to bring up the whole page, which the L7159 page does.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...