We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

One PC on home network cannot access the Internet

emmagb

Likes # 0

Hi - I am not massively technical but am happy to try things out and so would welcome anybody's help. I have a home network with one PC running XP and two laptops running Windows 7. The PC is connected directly to an Echolife 520b router with an ethernet cable and the laptops connect wirelessly. I've recently started having a problem with the PC - when it it switched on the ADSL can't connect and so I can't get online. When that PC is switched off, everything is fine with the wireless network. I've tested the router and cable with other machines and all is fine, so it seems the problem is confined to that PC. It has TalkTalk F Secure on it and I recently ran a Malwarebytes scan which detected and removed Rouge.winantivirus and PUP.Mywebsearch.

I just have no idea what to do next to try to fix this PC! Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks