We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Deskjet HP6210 Scanning Software

Legslip

Likes # 0

I have reloaded the full drivers umpteen times but it still refuses to scan. Think it's a known problem. Can anyone recommend some free twain compliant software that will enable me to scan documents to PDF and save? Win is Vista 32bit.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Let me say at the outset that my HP knowledge is a year out of date, but you're right, it is a known problem, and is why I moved away from HP after about 15 years.

Firstly, if you are trying to scan wirelessly most HP printers won't (well, the printers probably will, but the software is rubbish!)

Secondly. no matter how many times you've installed the drivers, once you've done it once it is very difficult to uninstall/reinstall them - the normal uninstall procedure leaves a lot of dross behind, which corrupts the new install.

You need to do an L3 (Level 3) uninstall.

Insert your original install disc, but don't run it. It has to be the disc - the file is not available in the downloaded package.

Use explorer to find the L3 file. Usually a .bat file, in the utilities folder.

Run it, and then manually delete any HP folders or files you can find, they will be tucked away all over the place (don't do this if you have an HP computer, of course!) and then reinstall from scratch.

You may have to do this several times - another reason why I moved away from HP.

Like this post
Legslip

Likes # 0

Thans Northumbria & Morddwyd. Sorry for late thanks but have been offline for a few days. Appreciate your comments but no longer have the install Cd. Have downloaded the drivers from Hp and reinstalled a number of times but does not sort the prob.

What I was after was some twain freeware that when installed, would allow me to scan docs and save as PDF. Preferabbly without the makers watermark.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have you tried uninstalling using Revo and then rebooting and following the installation guide as from new. When to connect etc.

Like this post
Legslip

Likes # 0

Thanks rave. Yes, already done that. Just seems that there is a prob with the HP drivers/software with this machine. Might be a Vista prob as I used to own it and it worked ok on XP.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I found this, but can't comment on its effectiveness.

"DONT HAVE THE DISC? if you dont have the disc, all you need to do is double click on the downloaded software to extract its contents. After extracting, welcome back screen appears. Do not install it yet, just click on exit. Click on start – run – and type in the box “%temp%” to go to temp folder. Locate the folder that starts with “7z…”. E.G. “7z6nC”… The content of the “7z…” should be the same with disc’s.

c.Go to Control Panel – Add and Remove Programs (for XP), or Programs and Features (for Vista). If there is any HP Software related to the AiO, go ahead and uninstall it."

The full article is here

http://www.out-of-warranty.com/three-ways-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-hp/

http://www.out-of-warranty.com/three-ways-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-hp/

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do