We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Memory Upgrade not shown in 'System' or Bios

Kiwi050958
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi all, I have a Medion Akoya desktop with a MS-7318 motherboard (Via Chipset), Intel core2 duo E6400 CPU and 1gb of DDR2 pc2 5300 RAM. I have just added another 1gb of the same from Crucial, as the mobo will take upto 2gb. On startup everything is fine except System and Bios say there is only 1gb of RAM but if I run CPU-Z jt says there is 2gb. Any help please. Regards Bob.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Try right clicking my computer and click on properties.It should tell you how much memory that you have on the computer.

I upgraded mine about a month back and it now shows 8Gb instead of 4Gb.

Like this post
Kiwi050958

Likes # 0

Hi Jock1e, I right clicked on my computer and it says 1Gb of Ram, anything else I can do? Regards Bob.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Not sure Kiwi050958.

Maybe make sure that you have pressed in the new memory firm enough for it to make contact properly.

Make sure that both have been installed properly.

I am not that keyed up on memory just how to connect it so best waiting for advice from someone that knows what they are doing.

I suppose you could take the old one out and see if the computer starts with the new version.

If faulty Crucial will replace it.

Like this post  
Kiwi050958

Likes # 0

Hi Jock1e, I will try re-inserting as you describe and come back, it might be a while as this is the computer I am using. Regards, Bob.

Like this post
Kiwi050958

Likes # 0

Hi Jock1e, It's been a while since I've done an upgrade. One of the sticks hadn't clipped properly, all sorted now though. Thanks for your help! Regards, Bob.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Glad you got it sorted.It is an easy mistake to make you do not like pressing to hard in case you break something and end up not installing it properly.Been there and done it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

Lenovo has created its own 'Google Glass'