We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Apple Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Buying Bare Bones Machine

Abel

Likes # 0

woodchip, rdave13 suggested this bare bones machine to me, see http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/barebones/bb-2124a.html could I have your slant on it please or any other suggestion. rdave12, no offence, just getting another view

Like this post
Abel

Likes # 0

I don't know how it could have happened, clumsy probably, but my comment related to a suggestion of rdave13

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

A quick pricing job on Ebuyer £181:76 which includes £32:20 for a case which I believe you have.

Like this post
Abel

Likes # 0

Morning Chronus, apart from the hard drives, I intend to start totally afresh. I may some time use the case and other bits I have, moherboard, CPU etc., to make myself more familiar with the internal workings of a computer. In the meantime, I want to get away from this wretched laptop to something a little more responsive. I'll have a look at Ebuyer

Like this post
Abel

Likes # 0

Chronus, I can't find that machine you speak of on Ebuyer, could you send me a link please?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

It was not a bundle I just priced separate components.

Like this post
Abel

Likes # 0

Thanks Chronus

Like this post
Abel

Likes # 0

where are you woodchip? After lotvic's comments about you, I will value your opinion.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Abel no offence taken..sniff. The only thing with Novatech is the useful instructions that come with a motherboard bundle or BB bundle. Although have never needed their help I've heard they're excellent over the phone. There's an AMD one that's a tenner cheaper in the list. Remember to add an OS and a Sata optical drive. So long as you're not a heavy gamer! Over to the other members with their thoughts. :)

Like this post
Abel

Likes # 0

I called Novatech this morning, feeling a little inadequate about asking such basic questions on this Forum. Given the usual press 1 for this etc., I considered my question to be of a technical nature so that was the option I picked. I was greeted by some supercilious bloke called Richard who, when I asked my question, went on to tell me I was effectively wrong in contacting the techies option and should have selected the option for sales. He then went on to provide the answer to my question, about which I cut him short and rang off. Bad customer care!

I have heard very good reports about Novatech on this and other Forums, but I'm afraid if I had to deal with the Richards' of these organisations I probably wouldn't go back. I do sincerely hope I don't have to ask them any technical questions, if I decide to buy from them

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I to have read good reports on their customer service, unfortunately their service to me on two occasions makes me reluctant to use them again.

As for feeling inadequate about asking basic questions,don't be so silly.It was not so many years ago that I was asking what I would consider now as basic questions. So ask away.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia