We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop with no internet access

uab247

Likes # 0

Dell inspiron laptop connects to the router via the wireless but has no internet access. Please help, the laptop was working fine yesterday but today this problem has come up out of no where. Other laptops on the same network are working.....

Like this post
je@an

Likes # 0

Hi, did you check wireless card settings? SSID, keys and authentication metod, sometimes this data are disappear and connection goes down

Like this post
uab247

Likes # 0

Hi, im not sure how to do either of that. Can you please guide me how to do it and tell me what the correct settings are? The OS is windows 7 home premium. Thanks

Like this post
je@an

Likes # 0

yeah sure,I am assuming this is Windows Vista or 7, go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > on the left panel Manage network Connections, then you'll see you card installed (Local area Connection) click right button and go to Properties. On the top of this window you should find Wireless option, go there and you see if there is your home network SSID (or not if dissapeared), go into it and check it

Like this post
je@an

Likes # 0

"what the correct settings" I forgot to answer for this. I am sorry is late :). The simplest way to figure out what the settings are, just take the other laptop and the same way go to network card settings and read it from there

Like this post
uab247

Likes # 0

in the Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > i only found manage wireless networks, in there when i go to the adapter properties it says connect using: DW 1501 wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card. Dont know what to do....

I checked in the device manager of another laptop and it has 2 network adapters but my laptop which dosent connect only has one. Im guessing this is the problem. what do you think?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...