We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

USB drive problem

Blubottle

Likes # 0

I have just bought a new Kingston data traveller 101 Gen 2 8 GB Usb drive, I have formatted it to remove pre loaded security software. I have created appox 890 mb of MP3 which I am attempting to transfer onto it, the problem I have found is that the transfer rate started at 4.73MB/sec drops down to 308Kb/sec then to 57.3Kb/sec which gives the load time of over 2.5 hours. I must be missing something here, some advice please

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Did you use FAT32 to format or NTFS?

For most compatability (all OS) choose FAT32 If you need to store files larger than 4GB a piece, you will need to format as NTFS

Like this post
Blubottle

Likes # 0

Hi. I did format to FAT 32

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...