We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identifying the manufacturer of a Motherboard

Abel
Resolved

Likes # 0

It’s me again, more trouble. For those interested see http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4161023/acronis-ti-backed-up-data-problem/ Is this the correct way to cross-refer?

Having described myself as a virtual Luddite unable to deal with anything electrical or mechanical, I’ve just discovered a case including a fitted motherboard, three memory slots containing two strips of 256Mb of memory, a processor and fan, together with a myriad of wires, one of which is of the SATA type. A barebones job I suppose? The case front is in the shape of a Porsche car and probably the reason I bought it. I don’t remember having a user manual for the motherboard which is where my problems start. I’ve gone over the motherboard quite carefully but can find no name of the manufacturer. Without the user manual I have absolutely no idea where all the wires plug-in. Have any of you an idea where I go next? I don’t suppose lotvic, woodchip or rdave13 will want to become involved, after their last marathon?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

SIW should give you the Manufacturer of the Motherboard.

Scroll down for the Free version

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Is it a working machine? If not, could you take some clear photos and use a site such as Photobucket to upload the images and then supply links on here. Someone might identify it. If a working PC then Nontek's suggestion is good.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

see here using board identity numbers

Like this post
Abel

Likes # 0

Nontek and rdave13, I'm afraid it's not a working machine so SIW is not an option. As for Photobucket, I've never used this before, but I guess I can learn. Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\ I'll follow-up your suggetion and tell you how I got on

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Just post any sequence of numbers and there may well be a FCC number which also would be useful.

Like this post
Abel

Likes # 0

Hello Cronus, the FCC on the mobo is an upper case FC with a smaller c within the capital C. Anyhow the number is GA-72MMP . Is that number significant?

Like this post
jimforrest

Likes # 0

I'm another Luddite - but one thing I do know is that any board more than a few months old is going to be rubbish! Throw it away and put a nice new shiny one in its place. (There's probably a reason why the case has only got the board in anyway!)

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Ihat's an old board nearly 10yrs since I've played with a socket A board.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\

Yes if that's the one it is at least 10-11years old.

I have my doubts as that one only has 2 memory slots by the look of it and his has got 3 slots.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer