We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which is the best off-the-shelf gaming PC

jlucey

Likes # 0

My 12-year-old son wants to buy a gaming PC - to play Minecraft, Age of Empires etc. We've looked online and at PC World but keep getting conflicting advice. He's got a budget of £600 and I can add to that to get a good quality model. His current laptop overheats and runs very slowly so he wants a PC that is quick with good graphics. Any suggestions of off-the-shelf PCs would be very welcome. We're not confident enough to build it ourselves. With thanks

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Still not impressed

For that sort of money you most certainly will do better elsewhere, better components and more importantly better customer service.

cheers for the second link Woolwell.

Like this post
jlucey

Likes # 0

I'm very grateful, thanks. I'm leaning towards Chillblast as a supplier and just need to make my mind up between these two models: http://www.chillblast.com/Chillblast-Fusion-Elixir.html or http://www.chillblast.com/Chillblast-Fusion-Vector-Gaming-PC.html. I'm guessing they both would be OK for the games he currently plays.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Your second link is broken. Here it is.

You will need to add an operating system to the Chillblast Vector but overall there is not really a lot of difference between the two except that the Fusion Elixir comes with a 650W Power supply as opposed to a 500W in the Vector which will be useful for any upgrades,particularly graphics cards in the future.

I cannot work out why the fusion Vector is so much more expensive than the Fusion Elixir as they are pretty much the same. So I say go for the Elixir.

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

Elixir certainly looks good value for money AND includes operating system.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks