We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best tablet computer ...help required

rsedw

Likes # 0

At present I have a Lenovo, android 10" tablet computer which now needs upgrading to the latest version of Android as it is a few years old. Could anyone advise me of tablet that works under Android, has 32GB, 10" screen with plenty of connectivity....eg USB/HDMI etc. I also require GPS?Compass etc. I am not very keen on Ipad or Samsung Galaxy but could be persuaded if they will do what I want. I also want to be able to download my photos from the cameras SD card and get software to work on them.

All suggestions will be considered...many thanks

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I don't have one but have heard and read good reports about this one - enter link description here

All the features of the above enter link description here

And some prices to compare enter link description here

ASUS - Reputable Brand - Reliable.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Compare Prices here enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Ignore that last link (compare prices) as most appear to be for 16GB models.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Also appears that if you get one running older Android version you will be able to get an update enter link description here

As I previously said, I don't have one of these or even own a Tablet but I have been considering one and the ASUS one seems to stand out from the crowd - but that's only my opinion. Acer Iconia A500 is another option with 32GB but I believe the docking station/keyboard is an extra expense.

Like this post
rsedw

Likes # 0

Many thanks for all of the advice given. I had looked at the Asus Transformer and you have confirmed that it is probably the best one for mr. I am going to order one asap.

Many thanks again for your help

Like this post
rsedw

Likes # 0

Many thanks for all of the advice given. I had looked at the Asus Transformer and you have confirmed that it is probably the best one for mr. I am going to order one asap.

Many thanks again for your help

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

rsedw - thanks for the feedback. I don't think you will be disappointed with the ASUS. Just make sure you confirm the correct specification before you order.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Further - there is also a TF201 model which would cost you more of course!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September