We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to set up e-mail account on Nexus 7 pc tablet

allanon

Likes # 0

I have just bought the above tablet and I am having difficulty in setting up my e-mail on the tablet.

I am running windows 7 on my new pc, and I am on blueyonder email. I understand that there is no outlook on windows 7. I did try and set up windows live mail which appeared to work but now doesn't pick up any new email which still appears on my blueyonder account.

I have set up my incoming server settings on the tablet but when I try and set the outgoing server settings, I get the message "couldn't open connection to server. I am able to get online with the tablet. Any ideas?

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

If memory serves me right and you are trying to use IMAP you need to activate it on your Blueyonder e-mail account. Login to Virginmedia.com and use the help system to track down the setting. (I know it's changed recently)

Like this post
allanon

Likes # 0

Thanks Taff I'll try that

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Get back to us if not but I'm pretty certain this sparks off that message. The incoming and outgoing ports may be different to POP settings as well. In fact it's probably better, if you are accessing the e-mails from your PC as well as your tablet that you set up IMAP on both.

Like this post
allanon

Likes # 0

Sorry Staff your advice worked. Thanks

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"I understand that there is no outlook on windows 7."

Outlook is a Microsoft Office email programme, it has never been part of Windows.

Microsoft has just launched Outlook.com, which is a new on-line email service, similar to Hotmail, but much better - more 'grown up'.

If you go to Outlook.com you can sign up for a free email account that will give you a new email address ([email protected]) and online file storage facilities with Microsoft SkyDrive. You'll also be able to configure Outlook to download email from any other accounts you may have.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers