We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to create a pushbutton on a web page?

stlucia2
Resolved

Likes # 0

For many years now I have created and maintained a web site for a club I'm a member of. It is hand-coded in HTML, and contains a dozen or so pages with text and graphics; and the links between pages are simple text using the "A HREF= ..." command.

I'm trying to smarten up the site by using pushbuttons, and have been reading up on the "BUTTON" command. I've got one code that works as follows:-

... and another one that doesn't:-

in each case without spaces after and before the .

The first example works fine; the second one only creates a very small button with no text in it, but it does go to the correct page when clicked. So, any idea what's wrong with its code, please?

Also, I thought that defining the style and colour of the text on the button would be a simple matter of inserting ** (or whatever) into the code, but it doesn't seem to do anything. So can someone help me on that, please?

Like this post
stlucia2

Likes # 0

Oh *$^&", the preview screen showed the codes okay, so how do I get them to display in the forum? I'll try again ...

The one that works is:-

... and the one that doesn't is:-

Like this post
stlucia2

Likes # 0

Try again:-

The one that works is:-

(form) (input type="button" value="Click here to enter" onclick="window.location.href='contents.htm'") (/form)

... and the one that doesn't is:-

(button type="button" value="Click here to enter" onclick="window.location.href='contents.htm'") (/button)

Where the curved brackets represent a "" as appropriate

Like this post
stlucia2

Likes # 0

Okay, nearly there!!

The curved brackets in my two examples represent the standard HTML angle brackets.

Like this post
stlucia2

Likes # 0

I've posted on the Web Design page, and got an answer there. So I'm ticking this one resolved.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more