We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is there a good free idiot's website builder

LanceAlot

Likes # 0

I'm trying to build a friend's website using Frontpage 2003 but it's proving to be more difficult than I thought. I assumed it was more user-friendly than it actually it. I can't even get free templates which would make it a lot easier.

I need an idiot's website creator is it's possible.

TIA

Like this post
LanceAlot

Likes # 0

I guess not then.

Like this post
LanceAlot

Likes # 0

Thanks for that. But perhaps I'll peruse instead of loitering ;o)

Like this post
StacyR

Likes # 0

Have you considered using Wordpress? It might help you.

Also, I don't know if that's exactly what you want, but you can try one of the DIY site builders. I know about jimd, exai.com, wix, etc.

Like this post
tiiigers

Likes # 0

Hi guys,

i had that problem for a long while too. :-( until i found web to date 8. i really like this program. @lancealot it also offers predetermined templates.

Like this post
LanceAlot

Likes # 0

I managed to learn a bit about Serif WebPlus Starter and have now published my simple site www.herickothieno.webplus.et

Many thanks for all replies.

Like this post
LanceAlot

Likes # 0

what happened to the n in net?

Like this post
LanceAlot

Likes # 0

Like this post
LanceAlot

Likes # 0

Thanks for your constructive input. I have put tags for search engines but I'm not sure how to do the label thing.

The window bars are not of the best design, looking more 'prison-like' but my friend is not easily advised. I have a much better design on our house nearer the lake which is easier on the eye.

I'll have a tinker to see if I can improve.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I agree with fourm member, this is a good start.

I suggest that you include a location map, some information about local amenities - shopping, public transport, that kind of thing.

It's also helpful to include a rental tariff.

Eventually you might add a page with some links/information about local tourist attractions - perhaps the Impala Park, the Kiboko Bay Beach Resort, boat rides,etc.

Some information about local culture and customs is a good idea, as is climate information, and anything else that will help to inform potential customers.

Like this post
LanceAlot

Likes # 0

Once again, thanks. There's a lot for me to digest.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015