We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop Replacement Offer

morddwyd

Likes # 0

You may recall my recent request for advice on a laptop replacement for an Acer Aspire 4738.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4141678/updated-laptop-request/

My insurance company has, at last, offered to settle with an Acer Iconia Dual Screen Tablet Core i5 2.66GHz 4GB 640GB 14.1 inch HD LED backlit Touchscreen, with no betterment cost.

Although a slightly smaller screen, this is, on the face of it, a very good offer, but would be grateful for some opinions, particularly from anybody with hands on experience of this model.

I can't seem to locate a decent independent review anywhere.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

^

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Hmm, afraid I have no hands-on experience, but the specs look pretty good!

I have a new i5 from Novatech, but it is not dual screen. I do like the i5 CPU.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

If this is what you are being offered I would grab it with both hands - enter link description here

and see what Amazon are charging - enter link description here

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Thanks.

I did find one review (US) which commented on the battery life of two hours, lack of SSD card slots and no optical drive, none of which are likely to prove a real problem for me.

I have a spare slimline drive which I can put in a caddy, and at least four USB card readers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes