We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Update remaining on Filehippo

thumbscrew

Likes # 0

I've been using Filehippo for a long time with no problems. For a few months now it's been showing AMD Catalyst Drivers 12.6 XP as an update.Trouble is, although I update it and it tells me that the update is complete, it remains in the Filehippo box....as a waiting update. Can anyone advise please?

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Yes, I have the same here. But if you check the driver you actually have installed you'll find it hasn't updated - I've run it several times with the same result. In fact you don't really need it for XP and if everything is running well I wouldn't worry.

Why it won't install I don't know.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Thanks Sea Urchin, I guessed it hadn't updated and in truth I don't really need it. However, it's become one of those annoying computer unimportant but annoying timewasters. It's bugging me just sitting there and I'd dearly love to delete it, but right-clicking doesn't bring up an option and try as i may I simply can't remove it!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......