We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Videos freezing.

bazbulldog

Likes # 0

I have been given an old(ish) computer which when i try to play videos such as you tube will run the video for 10 secs then freeze, if i move the video along using the progress bar at the bottom it will start up again and run for 10 secs and then freeze again,other than that the computer works fine. The computer has windows XP, an Athlon 2.8 processor 2 gig memory,an 80 gig hdd and a geforce mx440 graphics card which has updated drivers,it also has Power DVD installed and a virus scan revealed nothing,has anyone any idea what could be wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers bazbulldog.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Do you have the latest version of Flash Player? If you do try uninstalling it and reinstalling again. Have you tried deleting cache, cookies, history, temporary internet files? You don't say which browser you are using - does it happen on more than one browser?

You could also have a look at increasing the page file size - this article may be useful.

Like this post
bazbulldog

Likes # 0

Thanks for the reply difarn,i have tried it on Internet Explorer and Opera and its the same on both, I have run C Cleaner which i beleive deletes those you mentioned and i do have the latest Adobe Flash Player but i will do as you suggest and delete and re-install it, will let you know if it works, probably tomorrow. Thanks again bazbulldog

Like this post
bazbulldog

Likes # 0

tried what difarn suggested by deleting and then re-installing flash player but it did not work, also tried a new ethernet cable and filter but no luck with that either,if i cant find a cure i will just have to stop going on you tube until i can save up for a copy of windows 7,but thanks for your suggestions anyway. cheers bazbulldog

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......