We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problems after recovery and Cclean hard drive wipes.

laptopdunce
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have recovered the system and "wiped" the C & D drives on a laptop and now I am having problems with certain programmes, I cant download the Paint.net programme as it says my service pack is not up to date, I have: version 5.12600 Service pack 2 build 2600 - installed on the laptop. Is there a download for Paint.net that IS compatible with the service pack that I have on my laptop or how can I alter it, safely, to accomodate the Paint.net programme, I am also having problems in that I cannot get the PCadvisor log on page to open on the laptop, it just stays on the ad. banner page and will not load the log-on page (but I can log on on this computer connected to the same router, I have been told there could be an issue with updates, how can I see if I have got the correct windows updates on the laptop? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Well, the CD HAS copied OK and it has opened with the proper picture on it and details, I have started the "install" procedure on the XP laptop and it is now "extracting files" it says that it can take up to 2 hours to install so I will just leave it and see what happens......???? - LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

So far, so good, this Windows XP SP3 CD rom has extracted the files, checked my previous installion and is now showing the bar with the progress of "installing files"........ ben benieuwd! am anticaptory..... LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Make sure you perform a restart once it has finished installing

Like this post  
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! THANKS to Lotvic, SearUrchin and Chronus, its HAS finished installing from that CD rom!! it has re-started and showed a few strange looking black windows on re-starting but it is even showing Service pack 3 on the "system" now!! It started off on re-start with asking me to activate "automatic updates" so I did that and then it showed a few small black windows that stayed on for a while and then disappeared, but hopefully it will be OK now and accept the Paint.net programme!! So thanks to all the LAPTOPGENIUS's here from the LAPTOPDUNCE!!!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I'll go put kettle on now then...

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Thanks Lotvic, going to post another question about the download of Paint.net and the problems I am having there........ LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

Government kills £50 million 'Silicon Roundabout' regeneration fund