We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to recover Outlook backup?

john bunyan

Likes # 0

I have W7, 64 bit, Office Outlook for e Mails. All my data, including Outlook is in a master folder on my Data partition - "My Documents" with sub folders such as "My Pictures", "My Spreadsheets" and one called "Outlook". Every day or so I use Freefilesynch or SynchToy to make a mirror image of this master "My Documents" folder on a second internal drive.This is fine for, if required, recovering a photo for example. When I try to enter the back up copy of Outlook, however I am lost as to how I could find the address book or recent e Mails. Can anyone help?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

This article should help.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

difarn.

Thanks - I will study it! I wish it were simpler - like any normal file!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone Air release date rumours, specs, leaked photos: 5.5in iPhone 6 expected

IDG UK Sites

Alternatives to iPad Air: iPad Air vs best tablets from Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, Google & more

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Apple launches a new Swift blog, signaling language's importance