We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how do i remove a program that will not delete

nutty norm

Likes # 0

I Had a free trial of a program called slideshow producer from Magix, since using it i have tried to delete everything, but only one thing remains the logo that will not budge, it keeps saying i need the administrator permission to delete this folder, ant thoughs please, Nutty norm

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

something to try:-

first make sure you have the full path location of the file (logo)

the run an elevated command prompt

Open the Start Menu. Click on All Programs and Accessories, then right click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator.

type in delete followed by the path and name of the file e.g. c:\program files\magix\logo

press ok.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Is it a folder or a file,you mention logo,what exactly do you mean? Did you un-install it correctly? Using add and remove or Revo un-installer or something like that.

Like this post
nutty norm

Likes # 0

the answer to go to command prompt and log on as administrator did that then it says Delete is not recognised as an internal or an external command, so now what do i do, Nutty norm

Like this post
nutty norm

Likes # 0

the answer to go to command prompt and log on as administrator did that then it says Delete is not recognised as an internal or an external command, so now what do i do, Nutty norm

Like this post
nutty norm

Likes # 0

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

sorry

just use

del

del c:\program files\magix\logo

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV setup advice: Apple TV hacks to help you create the ultimate Apple TV hub in your home