We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

MS 1000 wireless mouse intermittent movement - lethargic.

compumac
Resolved

Likes # 0

Win 7, Microsoft wireless mouse 1000. Problem with somewhat lethargic mouse. The mouse on occasions seems to react slowly and then jump to the selected position. Other times works perfectly. Batteries replaced and optical part wiped/cleaned (external).

Any thoughts??

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I have the same mouse - clean the 4 corner pads (ie: the ones that the mouse slides around on) also remove the batteries and underneath you will find one small screw. If you remove the screw you will be able to lift away the top part of the mouse and clean out all of the accumulated dirt/dust from around the scroll wheel and left/right buttons.

Hope this cures the problem.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

northumbria61 Thanks for that. I had already cleaned the four pads and have just tried to access the internals as you suggest and removed the screw, but the top does not seem to want to separate from the lower. It is very, very tight almost as if there was something else holding it back.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

I should have added that the left and right hand mouse buttons and the rotary scroll work fine, it is purely the movement of the cursor on the screen not reflecting the movement of the mouse.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I can only suggest that you go into Control Panel and adjust your MOUSE settings from there.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

removed the screw, but the top does not seem to want to separate from the lower

I thought the same but it will separate - there are small lugs around the top plate holding it on - can be eased up with a small electrical screwdriver - however that doesn't appear to be the problem in your case - just a little tip for future reference!

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Press Wireless Connect button underneath - I am probably stating the obvious here. Only other thing is to try a driver update via Device Manager.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Are you using a mouse pad? Have you tried on a plain sheet of paper?

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Woolwell.

Had also tried on different surfaces but no different.

northumbria61 Yes I had tried mouse settings previously, but just thought that I would look at it again after you suggested it ..................It must have had something to do with the broadcasting of the Olympic Games... the settings for the mouse had gone back to slow.... Set them to fast... All hunky dory now.
Olympic Games --- I have to blame something at my age, it was not me!!!

Like this post  
compumac

Likes # 0

Mouse still performing erratically. Trying a different USB socket for mouse receiver?

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Two years ago, I purchased a Microsoft Wireless keyboard 800 and mouse package. I look at my keyboard NOW and the keyboard is the keyboard 800 and the mouse is the Mouse 1000...????

Northumbria There is no Wireless connect button underneath???

Both the keyboard and the mouse use the same receiver. I have moved the receiver to another USB port, this makes no difference to the jerkiness of the mouse. I have used a Logitech wireless mouse in both the original USB port used by the Mouse 1000 and everything is working fine. A wired mouse works fine. The same Logitech mouse is used in other USB ports and all works OK. So it comes down to the Mouse 1000 itself - I have cleaned the four pads on the underside, have blown out the internals, have wiped the optical part and am now considering the purchase of another complete Wireless Keyboard and mouse, but I do not like being beaten. I realise that I could carry on with the keyboard and also the Logitech mouse but that takes up two USB ports.

Any thoughts as to what else I can do?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert