We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Opening a potential spam e-mail

Snrub
Resolved

Likes # 0

I never open an e-mail attached file if I do not know whom it is from. Yesterday I received one which the 'Spam File' isolated from booked.com advising me that I had electronically booked a luxury hotel in Instanbul with reference no. dates, details and attached file. I have resisted opening the attached file and checked the website out which appears genuine. I am concerned that my e-mail address has been used falsely. What to do is the question, delete or open up and investigate further? All seems ok with bank account.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Check the email header, could give you the info you need, link

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Legitimate e-mails from companies nearly always contain some personal details about yourself such as your name, address, last digits of credit card etc. If you get an unsolicited one lacking such details then it's almost certainly a scam or phishing e-mail, or contains a malware-laden attachment and should be deleted immediately. Whatever you do, do not open the attachment.

Also, have a look here.

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Thanks both of you, question answered.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014