We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

lost names on folder and pictures

March Wind

Likes # 0

I have lost the titals in My Pictures. I cannot see the names of the pictures or folders. I know I have to click on View Lists but then I have forgotten what else I have to do to bring the titals back.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Check through this - enter link description here

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

Not sure how to do this I know I can see the file names once I open up the folders but not in the Picture folder itself. I clicked on the first folder in My Pictures held the shift key down doubled clicked now I have lost the file names in the folder also along with the file names in the main folder (My Pictures) could you please tell me in your own words what I should do. I was once told to click on File / Lists? then something else and all the names came back but now will they come back in the folders Once I have got them back that is but How

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I haven't experienced this before so can't really fully explain although I have been trying to replicate your problem but can't.

Maybe this link will be easier to follow - enter link description here

If it has only just recently happened why not consider a system restore to a time just prior to the problem occurring?

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

I have remembered the cure. Click on View / Lists. Then hold down shift key and click on thumb nails in view. The file names come back. Thank you for offering to help. I hope I have helped you with the answer

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

northumbria61, steady now... count to 10 ;)

We're glad you got it sorted out March Wind

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback