We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Need help with 1st gaming pc

TheLeeham1

Likes # 0

Hell,

Im looking to get a gaming pc but i dont know much about hardware since im a simple console guy. I have a friend who is a pc gamer and builds computers for fun sometimes. I have talked to him when we went to school together about a month ago and i was telling him how i wanted to get into pc gaming since im starting to get bored of the sh*t xbox keeps giving me. Any way im here to ask what should i go for. Custom built or Pre made ?

Any answers are appreciated.

Also i have a Budget of around £400-50 since im a 16 year old guy waiting to be accepted into college with no job prospects in a middle class family.

Games i want to be able to play =

Z8 games, crossfire. Counter Strike Source. Dayz. Minecraft. etc...

Btw i have a loptop at the moment witch i have had for 2 years and now overheats after a few hours or if i start up a game. this is because of gaming for extensive hours.

Also i would want to use,

Steam, skype, xfire, Opera,Gimp, Sony vegas and I tunes.

-TheLeeham1

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

Yes, but you basically need to say which way you want to go. As I said, if your budget can stretch to it, you've got a good, full selection, from Chronus. You just need to add basic keyboard/mouse and webcam, if required for £30 ish (if you don't need anything special). If your budget won't stretch, then I've given some ideas where you CAN save. If your able to say where you are prepared to save, or, at least, an absolute MAX budget, then it's possible to do a "list", with one supplier.

If you then want to "shop around", for better deals, of course you can.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite