We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help me choose parts for gaming pc !

pc-gamer12

Likes # 0

Hi guys,

I have someone who said they can put together a pc for me I just need to get the parts but the thing is I have no idea what to buy ! This is where hopefully you guys come in, could someone please make me a list for a fairly decent gaming pc that would have to work with this resolution 1360x768 and my price limit is £550 ! If anyone could help than that would be great thanks !

Cheers

Like this post
pc-gamer12

Likes # 0

What sort of games could that one you listed run ?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Any game you want at reasonably high settings.

Like this post
pc-gamer12

Likes # 0

What's your build like compared to the below ?

XFX Pro 650W Core Edition | Ebuyer.com £73 Coolermaster Elite 334U Case | Ebuyer.com £40 AMD FX-4 4100 Black Edition 4 Core 3.6Ghz Socket AM3.. | Ebuyer.com £80 Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 | Ebuyer.com £50 G-Skill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RipjawsX Memory Kit.. | Ebuyer.com £40 Sapphire HD 7770 1GB GDDR5 DVI HDMI Dual Mini.. | Ebuyer.com £110 Seagate 1TB 3.5" Barracuda SATA-III 6Gb/s Hard.. | Ebuyer.com £70 LiteOn iHAS124 24x DVD±RW DL & RAM SATA.. | Ebuyer.com £15 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium w/SP1 | Ebuyer.com £80

What build would be best for gaming the one I listed or chronus one ?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Nothing wrong except a slower processor,you can get better PSU a Corsair 650 for less money. The 66870 beats the 7770 though the 7770 is not a bad GPU. You can get cheaper ram and not notice any difference. But overall not a bad build.

Like this post
pc-gamer12

Likes # 0

Ok I think yours is better could you change yours please to make it better than the one I listed but for it to have 8gb ram please as I know nothing about parts so It would've easier if you edited it !

Thanks

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Will do it tomorrow for you.

Sent from my Nexus 7.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Try this it is a tenner over your budget but it is pretty good. Image.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

Ask the person whose going to build it as they should have the know how and knoledge. Or have look at ebuyer or novatech. Chromus has come up with very good suggestions.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014